First impressions matter. A lot. And, as you can imagine, your Instagram bio is all about making a first impression. Today, we are going to look at what makes a bio stand out and how it can directly impact your business (and revenue). Beyond that, we will also look at a ton of bios and ideas that you can copy for your Instagram page. And, finally, we will also explore some cool bio hacks and tricks that you can use to stand apart from the crowd. So, let’s get started!
What is an Instagram Bio?
Your Instagram bio is the small section under your username that you can use to give a quick intro about yourself or your business. Your Instagram bio can include words, hashtags, emojis, website links, and more. Let’s have a look at an example:
In the above example, we have a lot going on despite how simple it may look. The first line ‘Escaped the 9-5’ generates curiosity in the eyes of the viewer. What does he mean, he escaped 9 to 5? The next line ‘Travel & Filmkaing’ makes it immediately clear what the page is all about – ‘Travel’ and ‘Filmmaking’. Next, you have contact info with the ‘let’s chat’ section. And finally, you have a CTA – a call to action. If you also notice, there are multiple emojis within the bio – which makes it lively and colorful instead of plain old text.
The Recipe for the Perfect Instagram Bio
1. Add a Short Description About Yourself
The best Instagram bios are ones that make it instantly clear about what it is you do and who you are. Whether you are an individual, creator, public figure, or business, aim to have a clear and concise description of what you do. It could be your job title, it could be the business you own or the problem you solve as a business, or things you love. Aim for clarity over cleverness. Remember, bios are something that people ‘scan’. They give this section a quick glance. This is why it’s best to keep it super short. Emojis are a great idea as they spice up the space.
Here is what we love about the above example – it’s clear. Within a second, we understand that this business is providing a service for planning Instagram feeds. Now, let’s take a look at another example that we are not too happy with.
At first glance, we are clever but not clear. ‘We provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow’. Ummm … what? Yes, most people know what Buffer is all about, for someone who doesn’t, that the first line makes no sense at all.
To sum it up – focus on clarity over cleverness. You’d rather have people immediately get you than not. Here is another example –
‘Actor/Rapper/Singer/Producer’ – well, one thing is for sure, within the first few seconds of landing on this profile, we know exactly what it’s about.
2. List Your Interests and Hobbies
The next step is to give the audience a deeper insight into you. If you’re an individual, this would be where you mention what your interests and hobbies are. You want to connect with your audience. People relate with other people like them. So – whatever it is that interests you, chances are, it interests other people too.
We all belong to a community in some way or another based on our interests. And, you want to connect to your audience based on that interest. Whatever it is you’re into – that’s what you can put in here. It may be that you’re into fitness, or you love taking road trips, or maybe you love reading books.
Here is what we love about this bio. Within the first line of ‘California girl solo traveling the world’ not only we are clear about what the page is about – ‘travel’. We are also getting a deeper insight into the page. It’s a page about a girl from California who travels solo around the world. And this is something the audience can connect with, primarily, female audiences.
The best Instagram bio in our opinion is one that not only gives a clear description of what the page is about but, it also connects with the audience at a different level.
3. Share Your Contact Info
Whether you are a content creator, an artist, an actor, or anything in between – you should always outline a clear path for your audience to connect with you. This takes out the guesswork from your audience. Whether you want people to contact you via DM or you have a specific email for business inquiries – make it clear to the audience. Don’t allow them to get confused as to how they should contact you.
Circling to a previous example, below you can see a clear mention of ‘Let’s chat: email@example.com’. This takes out the guesswork. If I am someone who wants to get in touch with this content creator, I know exactly where I should be contacting him.
In our research, we have found that individuals prefer to have a direct email in their bio, whereas, businesses tend to have a CTA to their site which has a ‘contact us’ page. So – if you’re a business, we would definitely suggest focusing more on the CTA rather than having an email in the bio.
4. Have a Call To Action (CTA)
The final part of your bio is where you get to place a link. In most cases, this would be a link to your personal website where the audience can learn everything about you/your service. However, that is not always the case. If you are an artist, you may link to your Spotify. If you are an actor, you may link to your new movie. And, finally, if you are a business, then you would link to your business website.
Here is the fun part about the link in bio – you can utilize the last line of your bio to direct the users towards your CTA link. Now, a CTA (call to action) is usually a text along with a link. Throw in an arrow for direction, and you have a great CTA. Check out the CTA of our site.
There are a couple of things going on here. First, we have a text that clearly mentions to users that they can check for eligibility for our service for ‘free’. Next, we have a right-pointing arrow that indicates that you’ll be taken to the next step, should you click on this button. And finally, below the button, there is a tiny text that mentions that we do not require credit card information for you to be able to get an eligibility check for our services.
Following back to our previous examples –
Here is a clear CTA. You have the last line of the bio that has an emoji pointing downward, taking the gaze of the viewer to the link. You have a text that gives insight into the ‘value’ that the link may bring to the audience – ‘marketing tips, downloadables, and more’. Most importantly, notice how they don’t focus on selling their service in their CTA. Rather, they are focusing on giving the viewer value. I mean, if you’re on this page, then you’d definitely enjoy some marketing tips, and perhaps a free e-book on Instagram growth. People are more likely to click on this CTA vs. if they mentioned, ‘check out our app’.
And here we have something similar going on. The first thing that pops up is ‘free’. So, to the user, clicking on this doesn’t mean that they would be taken to a ‘shop’ page. This completely disarms the viewer and allows them to give this link a try. And who knows, maybe they like the site so much, that they turn into a paying customer and a raving fan. But, that comes later. The first step is to get the viewer to click the link. ‘Free Creator Training’ with an arrow to guide the viewer as to where to click, is a perfect example.
Here is what not to do –
Any guesses about what is the problem here? Well – the bio has 5 clickable links. Four of those are ‘@’ tags. And one is a website that directly leads to the ‘pricing’ page. To a viewer, this can become super confusing real quick. Okay, so you’re a fitness coach page that I just landed on, you have tagged four pages in your bio and you have a link URL about pricing, what do I do? Should I click on those four tags one by one and take the time to understand why you have put those four tags? Or, should I directly jump into what your pricing is?
Remember – don’t clutter your bio with multiple CTAs. And, invite people to try you out for ‘free’ or give them ‘resources/guides’ that they can use for free. You have to first build a relation and let the audience know you before you get to the pricing and sale.
5. Format Your Bio
Nothing is more off-putting than having to read a bio that is cluttered with text, random characters, and has no consistency. You know what we are talking about. If we could sum this up in two points, it would be this. First – make sure to use line breaks. It makes it so much easier on the eyes to read a bio that has clear line breaks and lot of white space. And two – use emojis to make your bio lively, concise, and bulleted.
Let’s take a look at a few examples.
As you can see above – they have lots of empty space. They haven’t filled out the entire bio section into an essay. They are using emojis as bullet points whilst making the emojis related to the text that follows. And finally, line breaks to keep it all clean.
100+ Instagram Bios for You to Copy
Here is the deal. This is our little secret. Feel free to copy and paste these as you wish and have fun!
Cool Instagram Bios
- No, I’m not an influencer.
- You found me!
- Time is precious, waste it wisely.
- I’m a cupcake in search for her stud muffin
- Do you know what I like about people? Their dogs.
- In a world where you can be anyone, be yourself
- No, this isn’t a dream. This is my reality.
- If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way.
- Learning by falling over!
- The best things come from living outside of your comfort zone.
Best Instagram Bios
- Live in the now, forget tomorrow!
- Simplicity is the key to happiness
- I just can’t come up with a bio
- You can’t become the best without first being the worst
- In a world of worriers, give me my page a follow
- It won’t always be easy, but always try to do what’s right
- Life is what happens to you while you scroll through Instagram
- This too, shall pass
- Welcome to my life
- I’m just waiting on the world to change
Creative Instagram Bios
- Thoughts 👉 Things
- I have a 🎂🦷
- Hello! It’s me you’re looking for 🙃
- I’m a 20-year-old in a 40-year-old body
- Let’s go on an adventure 🛵
- Hello stranger! Hit the follow button and let’s become friends!
- Took you long enough to find me! 🙄
- If “love is in the air,” why is the air so polluted?
- It took me __ years to look like this
- Currently saying yes to new adventures
Instagram Bio Ideas With Emoji
- 👇 Check out my latest blog post 👇
- 🐦: (twitter handle) 👻: (snapchat handle) 🎥: (youtube handle)
- Explorer ✈️ Author 📖 Vegan 🥗
- Personal Trainer 🏋️ Dancer 💃 Meditator 🧘
- Cancer survivor 🎗️
- 🚩 Currently hanging out in 🇧🇸
- I love making cool things that solve problems 🚀
- Celebrating People & Tea ☕
- ❤️ Lover not a fighter spreading ✌️all over the 🌎
- Entrepreneur ➕ Globetrotter ➕ Motivational Speaker
Instagram Bio Ideas for Girls
- California girl forever chasing sunsets
- Sand in my toes and saltwater in my curls.
- My standards are high… just like my heels.
- Happiness never goes out of style
- Always give 100% — unless you’re donating blood.
- Life may be complicated but beautiful
- Starting each day with positivity
- Spreading sprinkle of joy everywhere
- Leaving a bit of sparkle everywhere I go ✨
- Turned my dreams into my vision and my vision into my reality
Instagram Bio Ideas for Boys
- I spend most of my day daydreaming.
- I got here by being me, so I’ll continue being me.
- Kilometers are shorter than miles. To save gas I’ll take my next trip in kilometers.
- I’d rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
- Risk-taker. Adventurer. Globetrotter. Living my dreams.
- Be all in or get out. There is no in-between.
- I might not be where I want to be yet but I get closer every day
- One day, I hope to be a happily married old man telling wild stories from his wild youth.
- I got to where I am today by being me
- I was born to do exactly what I’m doing today
Best Instagram Bio to Get Followers
- You found me! Now, all you have to do is follow me!
- Follow me and I’ll take you places
- Give us a follow to stay updated!
- Hey stranger! Follow me to get to know me better.
- Follow us to stay tuned for more tips, tricks, and guides!
- Click the follow button to be part of my [adjective] journey
- Wanna know my story? Press that follow button.
- Follow my [adjective] story
- I’m on my journey. Join me by following along.
- Follow me as I explore learn to live my life
Best Instagram Quotes for Bio
- Here is the thing. I just don’t give up.
- Even if you’re not ready for the day, it cannot always be night.
- All I do is win, win, win. No matter what.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom.
- I turn my dreams into my reality.
- Thoughts become things.
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
- It’s me against the world
- Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are
- Creativity solves everything.
Simple Bio for Instagram
- Life is good
- Today is great. Tomorrow will be better.
- Living life one day at a time
- Spreading Love and Laughter
- Pretty & Profitable
- Life is beautiful
- Glitter is the only option
- Anything but predictable
- I see beauty in everything
- Goal: bigger smile
Funny Instagram Bios
- Today I don’t feel like doing anything
- One day, I’ll grow up
- My hobbies include sleeping and sleeping
- I don’t know why I’m here
- Life is short so I’m smiling while I’ve still got all my teeth
- My hobbies are breakfast, lunch, and dinner topped with a chocolate dessert
- Life isn’t perfect, but, my hair is
- Brains are awesome, I wish I had one
- I’m actually not funny. I’m just really mean but people always think I’m joking.
- If there is a will … wait, how does that quote go?
Instagram Bio for Inspiration
- Keep your eye on the prize
- Take the first step
- Let the hustle begin!
- Organize & automate the workflow! Success will be yours
- Just go for it!
- Perfection is a myth; progress & improvement is the reality
- Every failure makes you smarter
- Every fall makes you stronger
- Don’t let your fear decide the fate of your brand
- Sell the solution, not the product you have!
Cute Instagram Bios
- Be your own kind of beautiful
- So grateful to be sharing my world with you
- I collect smiles and share them with others 😊
- Well, here I am. What are your other two wishes?
- My life is better than my daydreams
- Sprinkling kindness everywhere I go
- I love my followers more than life itself
- Single and ready to be nervous around anyone I find attractive
- Every day might not be a good day but there is good in everyday
- Throwing kindness around like confetti.
Perfect Bio for Instagram
- Living life to the fullest
- Making each day matter
- Oh, you 😊
- One of a kind
- The best things in life are really expensive. You can have me for $7 billion 😉
- Aloha 🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴
- This is me
- Life’s short, eat the cake 🍰
- Just smiles 🙂
- I regret nothing you see in this feed
Business Bio for Instagram
- Putting customers first since 2001
- Serving you since 2015
- Official home of (brand name) on Instagram
- 👇 FLASH SALE THIS WEEKEND ONLY – 50% 👇
- Share your photos with us using #(brand name)
- 🌎 Free international shipping
- Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the link below to shop our Instagram
- Your success is our priority.
- Check out our best sellers below
Myself Quotes for Instagram Bio
- Keepin’ it real since the day I was born
- I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.
- I’m a limited edition, there’s only one me
- Stay hungry, stay foolish
- Less talking, more action. Take a look at my pictures if you don’t believe me
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
- It’s not your job to like me, it’s mine.
- I’m awesome (don’t worry I think you are too)
- I’m not here to be average, I’m here to be the best
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.
- Always be yourself because an original is always more valuable than a copy
Instagram Bio Ideas for Fashion & Retail Profiles
- I dress as if I’m about to see my arch-nemesis
- Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.
- I’ll make you stop and stare
- A peek into my fashionable life
- I may be a fashionista but I’m not all about labels
- Shopping is my therapy – hey, it’s cheaper 😉
- “I need new clothes.” – Me, every damn day
- Here to help you look good.
- Life’s too short to wear boring clothes.
- Women can look beautiful in any outfit but the right outfit can make women become powerful
Instagram Bio Ideas for Health & Fitness Profiles
- Today doesn’t need your excuses. Make it happen.
- Fitness is a lifestyle, and we’re a community.
- Helping you build healthier habits
- When you feel like giving up, keep going
- Looking for motivation and inspiration on your fitness journey? You’ve come to the right place.
- Strength comes from doing things you thought you couldn’t
- Do something today that your future self will thank you for
- The worst workout is the one you didn’t bother to do
- Hustle for more muscle
- Train insane or remain the same
Instagram Bio Ideas for Models
- Shh… I’m a Victoria’s Secret model. It’s such a big secret, not even Victoria knows
- Every day is a selfie day
- I basically live in a bikini
- I’m not just a girl with a phone, I’m a model
- The prettiest smiles hide the biggest secrets
- The most important part of a camera is the person in front of it
- I take a lot of selfies for my future biographer
- Filters? What’s that?
- I don’t use filters for my photos – all real girl over here 🙂
Instagram Bio Ideas for Travel Profiles
- Exploring the world, one city at a time.
- Living my best life…out of my suitcase.
- My best stories are found within the pages of my passport
- I haven’t been there yet but it’s on my list
- It’s wine o’clock somewhere, so wheels up.
- Join me on my next adventure!
- Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
- Forever chasing sunsets
- I like taking the scenic route
- Helping you get lost in the right direction.
Instagram Bio Ideas for Musicians and Artists
- I live for the music
- Music is the language of the universe
- New music on Spotify now! Sharing our favorite behind-the-scenes every week.
- Check out my new EP
- Where words fail, music speaks.
- Headphones in, eyes closed, stress gone.
- Our newest release is now available for preorder. Check it out!
- Click the link bio for our tour date!
- There’s something about a song that can take you back in time.
- Rocking and rolling.
Instagram Bio Ideas for Foodie Profiles
- Love at first bite.
- It’s me and my Doritos against the world
- Sweet, salty, and everything in between
- I live to eat, literally
- Special talents including licking every plate clean.
- Good Food, Good Mood
- When life gives you lemons, make a burger
- Pass the menu, please.
- It’s slice to meet you.
- Your resident foodie
Get More Out of Your Instagram Bio
And there you have it. The right bio can give your audience the best first impression that you deserve. Above all, proper structure, clear description, and well-thought-out CTAs can not only uplift your page aesthetics but, also help your page and business on Instagram to grow!
A great bio can increase your conversion rate and help you grow your Instagram account faster. And that is what we all want, isn’t it?
Go ahead and craft the best Instagram bio you have ever come up with and take your Instagram game to the next level!
Until next time! Stay safe!